Friday, August 12, 2011

A conversation and a recipe

I was planning on sharing about my newfound passion for homemade popsicles in today's blog post, but then I heard this conversation:

"Enchiladas"


"Do you like enchiladas?"


"I love enchildadas!"


"Me too! Let's sing a song about enchiladas."


"Enchiladas, enchiladas, how I love enchiladas....."


The funny thing is that there was only one person (a young child who shall remain unnamed) in this conversation. Should I worry or should I just make enchiladas?


I'm going with the enchiladas and here is my favorite enchilada recipe, from Mary at Owlhaven.


http://www.owlhaven.net/2008/04/24/chicken-enchiladas-double-batch/


Just a few notes:

-this is a double batch, which you can cut in half if you don't want an extra casserole to pop in the freezer

- I often cheat and use canned chicken or leftover chicken from other dinners.

- you're going to wish you had made a double batch after you taste this!

- you can also use your own homemade taco seasoning - the recipe is in Mary's cookbook, but possibly on her blog as well

Sorry, no pictures since I haven't made this yet today. Popsicle post, with pictures, will be coming along soon!

And yes, I know the fonts in the post are all different. Apparently, it's going to take me a while to get my blog groove back. Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment