Friday, June 3, 2011

But first, a recipe.......

As I have looked over my 10 weeks of writing for the Soul Design "course", I have realized that a little editing is in order. Although, I have participated in the blog world, both as a reader and a writer, for several years now, I find I have a hard time reading anything longer than 3 or maybe 4 paragraphs. I guess I have blog ADD. My attention span is improved if photographs and/or recipes are involved.


Sorry, no photos were taken in the process of making this recipe, but I did make it for my Tuesday morning Soul Design group and they enjoyed it. I know that being a church gathering, they would politely eat anything that was shared with the group. But, I was asked for the recipe, so I take that as an endorsement.



Don't let the lack of photos or uninspiring name scare you off. This really is delicious.



Ham and Cheese Pie

(from my Hendersonville friend, Melanie H.)



1/2 cup mayo (I use Hellman's low-fat)

1/2 cup milk

2 eggs

1 Tablespoon cornstarch

1 1/2 cups cubed ham

1/2 lb Swiss cheese

1/2 cup chopped green onions (don't be afraid of using some of the green part)

dash of pepper (or more if you'd like)

9 inch unbaked pie shell



Combine may, milk, eggs and cornstarch; blend until smooth.



Stir in remaining ingredients and turn into pastry shell (which you put in the pie plate according to the instructions on the box.)



Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown on top and knife comes out clean in the center.



Great for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. I may have even eat a piece of this savory pie for dessert on occasion. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment